Monday, July 13, 2009

Dancing in the rain ......

smthngs in life never change they say... i so knw it... i m sitting by my window... a while back i was all in mood to work on my thesis n seriously going thru it..till i heard a pitter patter outside .... i hurried to the balcony n there it was ... rain drops dancing on the streets ..... i felt like running out ..playing with them :) i alws used to as a kid... mom used to scream threatening of the impending fever n throat ache i quite alws contracted frm the wind n the water but i couldn care less... pretending to be all careful i would run to fetch an umbrella n my doggy would jump arnd me...she was the only one aware of my intentions n we would exchange those looks :)once out of mum's gaze i would jus thrw the umbrella n love each drop on my face...esp my eyes n lips ..the most tantalising of touch... from the heavens above..... my doggy too would join in n bark hysterically ... out of joy n later concern ....reminding me mom aint too far away ...n tat eventually we have to go back in all wet n dripping.... a sneeze or two would bring my attention back to the point my smart doggy made.... tiptoing back into the house with six set of footprints...yup 4 of the furry tail n 2 mine we would rush into my bedroom..i had to dry her first alws... was worried wat if her fur stays wet..dogs r pretty sensitive tat way...blow drying her n wipping her while i would be driping water .. n then our lady feeling beautiful would bark at me ordring to get dry fast.... dogs don need to to talk their eyes do the talking for them.... i so miss hers......
but those dances in the rain mark my childhood... jus jumping arnd... life at its best :) i so miss doing it ... post all the melodrama of rain dancing..cosying up in my bed with my furry mate... HEAVEN!!
today years later in my hostel...sitting beside my window watchng the rains dance arnd... i feel i haven grwn up at all... i still ache for wat i did years ago.... i hope to make many more memories .... dancing in the rain :)

12 comments:

Jack said...

Nups,

" BACHPAN KE DIN BHI KYA DIN THE...".

And it is not said without reason " DOG IS THE BEST FRIEND OF A MAN". I am a dog lover and know what you mean. You must have seen photographs of our current Pawed Companions in a post so named here.

Take care

nups said...

hey jack
i din quite get that..u have put up pictures of ur doggys? have u.... i checked ur blog u haven posted in a while now ..... hows u doing ?? hope the delhi heat aint getting to u

Wanda..... said...

I love the rain too nups...I use to take a recording device and head for the creek to record the sound of the rushing water...and record thunder too...we have a metal awning that intensifies the sound of rain...Rain is GOOD!

Tranquility Speaks said...

What a beautiful account Nups! I could almost see you and your doggie :D Beaming wide at the imagined sight! But you sure are sensitive huh. Eat lots of Chavanprash to boost your immunity. I am so glad the monsoon is improving. Hated the almost drought like situation! Take care :)

P.S Did I forget to say you wrote this piece really well, and I liked it a lot :)

Adisha said...

So sweet. A wonderful read ..... such is childhood and even more wondrous is the relation with a pet :D

And what's stopping you from going into the rain and dancing around now huh ?! One of my fav memories in the past year is my hubby n me, dancing fooling around in the rain, After watching Jab we Met ... Aaaah !!!!

go ahead, get wet and wild !!!

Jack said...

Nups,

Those are the opening lines of a very famour song of olden days praising childhood days. If you check my older posts you will find one MY PAWED COMPANIONS in Feb or so. I have written one new post which I will put up for your views soon.

Take care

nups said...

hey Stillness
thanks :) my immunitiy is better now :) ... glad u liked it ... n yes rains r back wit a vengeance in pune atleast... where r u located

nups said...

hey Adi
glad u liked it :) well u knw wats actually stopping me nw is cos i m in a campus here..n would be embarrassing to dance arnd with all juniors watchng n wondering :) its jus tat ...

nups said...

yes Jack
in fact tat post was on my request so i do remember it... :) post sme more of their snaps na.. of ur two brats :)

Tranquility Speaks said...

Pretty much in the same city as you :) Glad that it's raining and the dams are getting full again! This place has had better weather before!

Wanda..... said...

Nups...here is the recipe I promised...after you copy it, you may delete my comment, if you like! Wanda :)

Zucchini Bread-2 Loaves

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt + a pinch more
1 teaspoon baking soda
1'3/4 cups sugar
1'1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped

3 eggs, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups shredded zucchini
8 ounce can pineapple, crushed and drained
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:
Combine first five ingredients; stir in nuts.

Combine remaining ingredients; add to flour mixture,
stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spoon batter into two greased and floured 8 1/2 x 41/2 x 3 loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 10 minutes
Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.

Jack said...

Nups,

Where are you? Hope all is well and your absence is due to pre-occupation with more important jobs. Do let us know.

Take care